Perspective
I will never take running water or plumbing for granted again. Never, ever, ever, ever! My kitchen sink is hooked up to two 7 gallon water jugs. Cold water only. Hot water is boiled everyday on my stove in my stock pot (I always knew there was a purpose for that pot other than large batches of potato soup)! The sink drains into a 5 gallon bucket below which needs to be emptied 2 or 3 times daily. (Thank you, John! He’s usually right on top of that). Then, the water jugs need to be filled up again and the whole thing starts over.
So often we take the little things for granted. I know I can take the big things for granted, too. At my age (or I should say in His early 30’s), Jesus didn’t even have a place to call “home”. It’s so easy to complain. Please pray that I would keep perspective and not dwell on the “little” inconveniences of life, but remember why I’m here and the importance of what we’re training to do.
Many people have no idea that Jesus loves them and the sacrifice He made for them over 2,000 years ago. When missionaries have gone into some people groups and shared the message of the gospel, the people have responded with joy. Then, with a heavy heart they realize that all of their loved ones that have died before them, died without hope. They turn to the missionaries and ask, “How long have you known this? Did your father know? Do other people in your country know? Yet no one came and told us. Why? They just sit and ponder the heartache of never seeing their loved ones again.
When we were in Mexico, Monte and Gail Miller, NTM missionaries, brought a large bowl of warm chocolate chip cookies to our last meeting. They began eating them one by one in front of us as they shared a story about a man who lived in Papua New Guinea. The man had been introduced to chocolate chip cookies by some missionaries. He thought they were delicious. Then he pondered. “These cookies are like the gospel of Jesus Christ…they’re sweet and delicious…and too good to keep to oneself.” At that point Monte and Gail passed the bowl so we could all enjoy the cookies…and they were delicious!


5 Comments:
Running Water…. Indoor Plumbing….. What that ????? :)
Hi...
So, I love you very much, and you'll want to hit me for this, but...At your age, Christ was at "home" at the right hand of the Father. Still love me, Jules? I do appreciate my indoor plumbing here, even if it takes 10+ minutes for the hot water to get to the second floor. Which I need to go deal with. My work detail, along w/A.McMaster has been to trace the circuit breakers in the buildings. Well, I do love you, and I GREATLY appreciate the sacrifices you've made along the way! Love, Me
Hey guys,
Thinking of your family and praying for you. Thankful that you are picking up your cross and following Jesus wherever it leads. What a encouragement to others you guys are. We miss you. Much love, The Simkins family.
Hey all,
It was so good to see you this last weekend! Too bad we couldn't spend more time catching up. Glad to hear how things are going for you all...keep in touch!
Eliya
Hey Guys,
Hot water has to be a very precious thing!!! But the trip to the bathroom this winter is going to be rough.
Miss you so much.
Laurel
Post a Comment
<< Home