<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head> <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/16332912?origin\x3dhttp://johnandjuliemeyers.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Monday, March 26, 2007

Chess Champ

Recently, Rachel participated in a chess tournament at school. The junior and senior high were combined and she was the only girl participating in the tournament. The two highest ranked players were playing for first and second place. Rachel was ranked #3 and was playing the #4 ranked player for third place. After beating her opponent in 2 straight games, she emerged victorious as the third place winner! She was also acknowledged as the most improved player of the bunch. Next month she will be participating in a chess tournament with other Christian schools. It's been great to see Rachel get a good grasp of strategy and skill to play a competitive game of chess. She can even beat (or "smoke") mom and dad. Chess anyone?

2 Comments:

At March 29, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

saWay to go Rachel!!! Believe it or not, Joel and Ivy were playing chess when I read this post this morning! Joel loves chess and would enjoy playing a chess champ, so next time you are here, you two will have to play!
Jenny Espenshade

 
At March 31, 2007, Blogger Debra Kauffman said...

Dear Rachel: Excellent job competing in the chess tournament. I am very proud of you. Keith and Keenan like to play, however, I don't. Sorry. I am anxious see you and your family this summer. Take care and keep pressing on in all that you do.
I love you, Mrs. Kauffman

 

Post a Comment

<< Home